By accessing Jalin Realty Australia website at www.jalinrealty.com.au, including all related pages (“website”), you are accepting the practices outlined in this Policy.
For the purposes of this Statement, “Personal Information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form. The types of Personal Information generally collected by us may differ, depending on whether you are or would like to become a Jalin Realty Australia vendor, purchaser, landlord, tenant, supplier, employee, agent or independent contractor of us and, to an extent, anonymous visitors to our Site. Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience.
- by communicating with us or by continuing to request our services, including but not limited to by attending one of our offices, attending an open for inspection, making enquiries via internet, email or phone;
- providing us with your contact details and consenting in writing for such details to be conveyed to a mortgage broker or financier;
- by visiting our website or participating in an online enquiry; and
- by visiting any website or social media site established by us, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, Youtube, WeChat and LinkedIn (“Social Media Sites”); and
- by participating in any activity on a Social Media Site including but not limited to entering competitions, subscribing to our blog, posting, pinning or uploading any material on any Social Media Site, following, liking and/or commenting on us or anything on any Social Media Site.
What Personal Information do we collect from you?
Jalin Realty Australia collects identifying information when you download content and when you visit the website (including, without limitation, any www.jalinrealty.com.au web pages or landing pages).
Generally, the type of Personal Information collected by us includes your name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number and e-mail address. If applicable, we may also require details of your company’s ABN and/or ACN, financial information including bank account and credit card details, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, your employer and occupation details and title and mortgage details of any relevant property. We may be required to take images of the inside of your home via photos or video. We may also request demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalized experience.
Via Social Media Sites, we may be able to obtain other information about you which may itself constitute Personal Information or which, when combined with other information, is capable of identifying you, including photos, videos and any other information that you include on our Social Media Sites or sites linked to our Social Media Sites (“Other Sites”). The level of information to which we have access may depend on your privacy settings on such Other Sites.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
Personal Information may be collected as follows:
- when you make a general or specific telephone enquiry;
- when you engage us or discuss engaging us to provide services or advice to you;
- when you negotiate with us in respect of purchasing or renting a property;
- when you provide your details to us at an “open for inspection” property or an auction;
- when we inspect a rental property or property for sale;
- when you provide to us or we collect your business card;
- when you visit our website and complete an on-line enquiry or a form for the purpose of requesting and/or accessing certain services on our website;
- when you send an email to us;
- from third parties such as credit reporting agencies;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- through analysis of the Social Media Sites conducted by us or by third parties on our behalf;
- any other collection of or incidental or directly or indirectly related to the services we may be able to provide to you.
Cookies and Automatic Information
Jalin Realty Australia receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with us via our website using cookies. We automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on our server logs including your IP address, Marketo cookie information, the page you requested, and your communications and interactions with other site registrants. We use this traffic data to help diagnose problems with the server and analyse trends.
We automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site. We may use this information to provide research, advice and information, including, without limitation, for benchmarking purposes.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit web sites anonymously. While Jalin Realty Australia will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Any Personal Information that we collect will be used by us to enable us to provide you with the services that you have requested or otherwise to enable us to carry out our functions as professional real estate agents and for the following purposes:
- supplying our products and services to you;
- providing quality assurance for our services;
- responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
- to maintain contact with website visitors, potential customers and existing clients
- monitoring the performance of our business;
- marketing including email marketing, promotional and educative activities, including advising you about investment opportunities, the services we offer, industry developments or products and any other matters that we believe may be of interest to you
- enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
- ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations;
- conducting appropriate credit checks; and
- referral to a mortgage broker or financier, subject to express consent.
If we collect or use personal information in ways other than as stated in this policy, we will ensure we do so pursuant to the requirements of the Privacy Act.
Disclosure of Information
Please note that your personal information as collected by Jalin Realty Australia may be shared to other Jalin Realty Australia’s related entities, bodies corporate, other companies with whom we have a relationship, in an endeavour to provide you with the most professional and personalised service. Some of these sites may be co-branded with our logo, however, these sites are not operated or maintained on our behalf. These links are for the convenience of the user, however, we cannot accept responsibility for the content or practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our sites. We may also provide information to service providers and contractors who assist us in operating our business
Jalin Realty Australia will not disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
- Required by law.
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested.
- You give your consent.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell or trade personal information to third parties, or allow such third parties to use that personal information.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date?
Jalin Realty Australia endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We realise that this information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We generally update your customer information on request, with your consent either over the telephone or via email.
You may elect not to receive further marketing information or contact from Jalin Realty Australia at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. Please allow 28 days for your request to be processed. Alternatively, if we have contacted you by email, you may use the unsubscribe function in that email to notify us that you do not want to receive further marketing information from us by email.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.